Thursday, May 9, 2013

....softball.......

...I've activated the sequence for coaching softball at one of our jr. high schools.........that means I've asked the SPED director if it's possible for me to leave early for those 8 weeks...........we'll see........
being around the high school softball team has made for an explosion of my glory days and those feelings...........dang, I was good............I miss it...........I missed part of my junior year season after surgery (kidney removed to share with my brother).........that was recruiting year......probably kept me from playing college ball.....hmmm...........no regrets though....he lived another 25+ years because of it...........I played community and tournament ball until Jackson learned to walk and wouldn't sit in a stroller in the dugout........recently there has been rumbling of getting our team back together.........I think it would be safer to coach........I don't think I'd handle tournament recovery as I head into AARP land..........

Abby got new cleats last night..........and of course I tried them on...........cleats have come a long way since I bought my last pair........I guess I knew that from Jackson's team........they are totally Boombah......I've always been a Nike girl so that's what Abby got..........if she makes the team in the fall I promised her we'd look into custom Nike ID cleats...........I'm a sucker for the costuming in sports.........that's not a secret........

it's raining.......that makes me tired.............only two weeks left of my diet soda addiction..........do your magic super double big gulp.....

No comments:

Post a Comment