Thursday, May 16, 2013

.....almoooooooost........

I know I know.......almost only counts in horsehoes and hand grenades........

...but I am almost done with this school year...........the giddiness is creeping in.........the weather is nice.......popsicles need to be eaten with kindergarten classes..............my reports are written..........field day is coming........they yearbooks will be delivered on Monday.....soon I will kill my alarm clock....

I had an amazing day on priceline.............got a cheap hotel for the baseball weekend and it's one of our favorites from back in the days of dance.........I pressed my luck and pricelined a rental car for our Chicago trip.......woot.......it's just money, right?

I surprised the principal, asst principal, and counselor today with DQ blizzards.........it seems like no one ever surprises them with treats.......they are always bringing in Sonic drinks or donuts or candy minis.............it was fun to turn it around.........of I course I got one out of the deal too...........let's just say it was lunch today...........I'll aim for a sensible dinner.........

today my speech kiddos got to spend their "speech bucks" at the "speech store"......I don't do treasure box or stickers at each session........they earn a speech buck each time and save up for the store which is open twice a year.........they are so serious about their shopping......mechanical pencils are a hot item......and my kids stuffed animals they never touched that I have sneaked into work......they keep their bucks in a pocket on the wall that has their photo on it........so after they shop....I take down the picture and it goes home with them too......the empty wall is sad.....some of them have said they will move....some of them won't need me next year......some of them will be gone without a trace......we're a military district so we're used to hellos and goodbyes......that doesn't mean we're good at it......
Good Luck my Speech Monkeys.......

No comments:

Post a Comment