Friday, May 10, 2013

......mothers' day weekend...

..here it comes..........it's my weekend.........no baseball as of 9pm tonight.......of course coach threw in a practice at the batting cage late tonight............oh well.........I'll get the grocery shopping over with then............
I would really like the weather to clear so we can work on the yard.......the grass is greening up ...but so are the weeds..............this is the weekend we always plant flowers.......which means I plant flowers and the kids come out later and say "did you plant flowers"...........I am a lazy gardener.........I start off with a bang but it grows tiresome..........some time in the summer I have to wrestle the rose bush.........it grows like wildfire...........my mom had a rose bush smack in the middle of the yard........it got mowed weekly.......and she would squawk and squawk........"who ran over my rose bush?".........well.........in  my defense, it was hard to see it once it was run over weekly.............she also had purple irises..........and lilacs..........and now I know I'm allergic to lilacs.........so that was pretty mean of her to have those bushes everywhere.............we used to take a branch of blooming lilacs with the stem wrapped in a wet paper towel and aluminum foil to our teachers..........did they even like that?
Teacher Appreciation Week is coming to a close.............PTO bought us bbq today.........I wasn't at that school today and I don't love bbq so it's all good.......there was a Hershey bar in my mailbox.....woot.....
my dog has been sleeping through the night this week..........I suppose that will end now that I have two days with no alarm clock.........oy........now I'm already annoyed with her.........I could use some Zzzzzzz's

No comments:

Post a Comment