Wednesday, May 8, 2013

......high school.......

I'm adjusting well to the thought of my daughter going to high school in three months.........what I'm not handling is thinking of my baby going in two years......I don't know why that freaks me out more......I just had a meeting with a parent whose son is probably going to need support the rest of his life.........he's also heading to high school where he will learn to count change, ride the city bus to a job where is is supervised constantly by Goodwill Industries.......
...that is sobering..........and I'm pleased that my kids aren't headed in that direction......and then I realize that no one is going to drive them to work, budget their money, or supervise their work further than a yearly evaluation...........Can there please be a middle ground?
phew.......I've pulled myself back into the now......Abby has a nanny job lined up for the summer......2.5 days a week with two sweet little girls.........she's got a line on a hostess job at a restaurant my friend owns....and she's playing softball with the high school team this summer.....I remember those summers.........I lived for softball........I think I started getting ready at 2 for a 7:30 game...........of course, back in the day there was nothing on TV during the day but game shows and soap operas...........

Mother's Day Weekend coming up and we have no baseball.........I'm hoping to work in the yard.....it's usually flower planting weekend.........hate doing the work but love the results...........my kids are finally a helpful age.....and they are strong.....I forget that........there is no reason they can't haul the dumpster......I've just always done the heavy work.........times they are a changing.......Abby is a tough nugget and Jackson loves doing the power work or using power tools..........I'm getting closer and closer to being a porch princess....

No comments:

Post a Comment